Cap’N Crunch Now with Old and Improved Packaging

I know this has been out for a while, but I finally got to get some this week. All packaging should be this great.

capn crunch retro box

The Retroist

Editor/Podcaster at Retroist
The Retroist is like a BBQ on a bun without the bones. You're only human daddy. Chomp!

* indicates required

18 thoughts on “Cap’N Crunch Now with Old and Improved Packaging

1. Jason K. says:

I’ve found the Crunchberrys and the Peanutbutter, but not the original. Very cool packaging. I think its a great idea to remake the old packages. I missed out on the retro boxes Target had a while back though (Cinn. Toast Crunch, Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Trix and Lucky Charms)……I’ve heard about a Retro Super Sugar Crisp box too, but haven’t seen it anywhere….

2. Woah, woah, when did these awesome boxes hit the shelves? I need to visit the store after work and see if I can find any of these…of course I’ll have to deal with the surly stockers but it’ll be worth it.

3. Vince M says:

Oh yeah, they had me in mind with this – my brother and I went through a box of the stuff when it first came out. Wish they’d put out a DVD of the Jay Ward commercials, which were as funny as any of the shows they were on.

4. Went to the local supermarket and they had all 3 types there right on the shelf – so it is looking pretty common I think. Did not have my phone with me or I would have taken a pic.

5. @Vince M I hear that, friend! A DVD with those commercials would be awesome!

@Retroist Then I just need to wait a few more hours before hitting the store. Sugary goodness you :)

6. Sugary Goodness you? I need more tea apparently…what that should have said was Sugary goodness awaits me thanks to you, Retroist.

Off to get that tea now…

7. James Whitehead says:

I’ve been getting them @ Dollar General, but I wish they would go back to the all red crunch berries.

8. Mr. Hanley says:

Yeah so I went into my local Supermarket to get some Crunch Berries and I thought I noticed that the packaging looked different. Now I’m seeing the old style packaging of Cap’n Crunch at every store I go to now. That’s cool. It’s trippy. :)

9. Mr. Hanley says:

Yes my Retroist friend it is an amazing time to be alive. They sell them at the Piggly Wiggly where I live.

10. TK says:

Hey we only just got these on the West coast, as far as I’ve seen & I LIVE at Walmart & Target. They are only at select stores too because I went back at a different store & couldn’t find them. I felt like a 7 year old again, especially looking at the back, the “collectors cards” to “collect all 4 & trade ’em with your friends!” Of course my kids gobbled it up in 2 days & I told my husband DO NOT throw out this cereal box…. I am serious. I dont know what to DO with the box now…. any ideas??

11. Filbert Z says:

These are very cool and Jay Ward was undoubtedly gifted.

And yet, I imagine today’s cereal boxes (or videogame covers or whatever) resurgent 50 years from now, and the overwhelming nostalgia for them resulting in cries of ‘genius’. Will they be wrong?

Comments are closed.