Cap’N Crunch Now with Old and Improved Packaging

I know this has been out for a while, but I finally got to get some this week. All packaging should be this great.

capn crunch retro box

The Retroist

Editor/Podcaster at Retroist
The Retroist is like a BBQ on a bun without the bones. You're only human daddy. Chomp!

Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)

* indicates required

18 thoughts on “Cap’N Crunch Now with Old and Improved Packaging

1. Jason K. says:

I’ve found the Crunchberrys and the Peanutbutter, but not the original. Very cool packaging. I think its a great idea to remake the old packages. I missed out on the retro boxes Target had a while back though (Cinn. Toast Crunch, Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Trix and Lucky Charms)……I’ve heard about a Retro Super Sugar Crisp box too, but haven’t seen it anywhere….

2. Woah, woah, when did these awesome boxes hit the shelves? I need to visit the store after work and see if I can find any of these…of course I’ll have to deal with the surly stockers but it’ll be worth it.

3. Vince M says:

Oh yeah, they had me in mind with this – my brother and I went through a box of the stuff when it first came out. Wish they’d put out a DVD of the Jay Ward commercials, which were as funny as any of the shows they were on.

4. Went to the local supermarket and they had all 3 types there right on the shelf – so it is looking pretty common I think. Did not have my phone with me or I would have taken a pic.

5. @Vince M I hear that, friend! A DVD with those commercials would be awesome!

@Retroist Then I just need to wait a few more hours before hitting the store. Sugary goodness you :)

6. Sugary Goodness you? I need more tea apparently…what that should have said was Sugary goodness awaits me thanks to you, Retroist.

Off to get that tea now…

7. James Whitehead says:

I’ve been getting them @ Dollar General, but I wish they would go back to the all red crunch berries.

8. Mr. Hanley says:

Yeah so I went into my local Supermarket to get some Crunch Berries and I thought I noticed that the packaging looked different. Now I’m seeing the old style packaging of Cap’n Crunch at every store I go to now. That’s cool. It’s trippy. :)

9. Mr. Hanley says:

Yes my Retroist friend it is an amazing time to be alive. They sell them at the Piggly Wiggly where I live.

10. TK says:

Hey we only just got these on the West coast, as far as I’ve seen & I LIVE at Walmart & Target. They are only at select stores too because I went back at a different store & couldn’t find them. I felt like a 7 year old again, especially looking at the back, the “collectors cards” to “collect all 4 & trade ’em with your friends!” Of course my kids gobbled it up in 2 days & I told my husband DO NOT throw out this cereal box…. I am serious. I dont know what to DO with the box now…. any ideas??

11. Andrew says:

The Great Canadian Superstore has Retro Frosted Flakes, and I think Lucky Charms.

12. Filbert Z says:

These are very cool and Jay Ward was undoubtedly gifted.

And yet, I imagine today’s cereal boxes (or videogame covers or whatever) resurgent 50 years from now, and the overwhelming nostalgia for them resulting in cries of ‘genius’. Will they be wrong?