The Swing Wing wass a toy, similar to the Hula Hoop, but was worn on the head and twirled by moving the neck and/or body in a painful back and forth motion. It was developed by Transogram Games and introduced in 1965. It did not do as well as the Hula Hoop. With a slogan like “It’s a what??” how could they go wrong?
Sign up for the Retroist Newsletter
Recent and Popular Posts
- Tragedy in Texas: The Sad Story of the Von Erich Family
- What You Need to Know About The ColecoVision Flashback
- Check Out This Awesome 1982 Theatrical Commercial For Yar's Revenge!
- How to Dress Like Magnum PI
- The Cartoon Illuminati By Adam Withers
- Behind The Scenes: The Pod People (1983)
- Where's WALL-E?
- Hayden Yale: For more Davison artwork, The Retroist also covered him here: http://www.retroist. com/2014/02/28/ch...
- The Retroist: One of the best episodes.
- Patrick J. Doody: I must quote “It Stinks!” at least once a week.
- Atari Adventure Square: Since this was presented theatrically, I can only hope there’s still a 35mm print out...
- Dar: I discovered this movie by way of the “Combustible Edison” music track.
- Dar: These are pretty cool actually. Not sure if they ahve to share the right elbow space, though. But you’re...
- Dar: Shrinky Dinks were super-awesome, even if they always came out wobbly for me. There was an article a while back...
- Dar: Trumpy! (Or am I remembering something else?)
- tlamke: In search of a 80’s Showtime Short ….. where when you were born you started with a certain number...
- VicSage: Especially with the Star Raiders segment of the ad, Retroist. Imagine listening to that in the theaters back...
Copyright © 2007-2014 - The Retroist