The Swing Wing wass a toy, similar to the Hula Hoop, but was worn on the head and twirled by moving the neck and/or body in a painful back and forth motion. It was developed by Transogram Games and introduced in 1965. It did not do as well as the Hula Hoop. With a slogan like “It’s a what??” how could they go wrong?
Sign up for the Retroist Newsletter
Recent and Popular Posts
- Retroist Podcast – Episode 177 – The Last Man on Earth
- Lord Pumpkin Commands You to Watch These
- Treat a host of ghosts with Kool-Aid
- This Low Energy Staten Island Restaurant Commercial is Pure Magic
- Doctor Who Space Invaders T-shirt
- Ronald McDonald’s and the Chicken McNuggets’ First Case
- Freddy Krueger Was Orginally Going To Be Played…By David Warner?!
- Cyndi Lauper Vibes Movie Promo
- Tragedy in Texas: The Sad Story of the Von Erich Family
- How to Dress Like Magnum PI
- Why you should buy Sony Super Betamax intead of VHS
- Photos of EPCOT Center from 1982
- The Cartoon Illuminati By Adam Withers
- What could you get for Halloween in 1980 at Toys R Us?
- Freddy Krueger Was Orginally Going To Be Played...By David Warner?!
- Halloween Songs From My Grade School Days
- TexasDevin: For me it was summer 1985 and Journey Into Imagination was and always will be a magical memory for me. I...
- The Retroist: @ddsw I was obsessed with those touch screens when I visited and have a decently involved story about...
- Justin M. Salvato: Vic, this would have worked.
- Justin M. Salvato: Honestly, never knew it existed, so not sure if I would be apart of that statistic that only gave...
- Justin M. Salvato: Something about that commercial cracks me up, now, not then. Hmm, judging from the songs on those...
- Justin M. Salvato: With those gloves, must be difficult to type. Poor mouse.
- Justin M. Salvato: Your story is touchingly sad. I would have taken the phone though, but you probably knew that :)
- Justin M. Salvato: Definitely making me smile.
- Justin M. Salvato: Probably got rid of him for the same reason they got rid of the Budweiser lizards: too kid...
- Justin M. Salvato: This has to be one of the most terrifying “family” board games, ever.
Copyright © 2007-2014 - The Retroist