The Swing Wing wass a toy, similar to the Hula Hoop, but was worn on the head and twirled by moving the neck and/or body in a painful back and forth motion. It was developed by Transogram Games and introduced in 1965. It did not do as well as the Hula Hoop. With a slogan like “It’s a what??” how could they go wrong?
Sign up for the Retroist Newsletter
Recent and Popular Posts
- Computer Books from Texas Instruments (1983)
- Scribble Stix: The Parody
- CHiPs pull over HR Pufnstuf ?!
- Who wouldn’t want to hang this NES Zapper Diagram on their wall?
- Sears was my Store for Electronic in the Eighties
- Single Tandy Floppy Disk
- Village of the Harshly Criticised
- Wooden Pixel BurgerTime Wall Art
- Justin M. Salvato: Vic, never did, but boy did that look cool!
- Justin M. Salvato: I felt the same way. I couldn’t get enough time with computer books. Never enough time.
- Justin M. Salvato: Don’t need this as I literally have that zapper hanging on my wall. I’m sure...
- Dan H: You know, another way they could fix the missing titles problem is to just put a cartridge port in it....
- dex1138: This is gorgeous. Looks like a scene out of a 2600 Activision game.
- dex1138: Ah yes, the agonizing joy of typing in a program for 30 minutes or more out of a magazine only to have it...
- VicSage: Oh, Monstermatt…ho w I LOVED the kiddierama cartoon theaters in my youth. You and I must have been...
- Dated Gamer: Yep. Had one of these at a local bowling alley. I seem to remember a Popeye cartoon as well. Don’t...
- Atari Adventure Square: This is terrific news for retro console fans! I’m so happy Mattel’s fine offering...
- Drahken: Now THAT’s familiar! I don’t think I ever got a single one, but back around 1990 or so I got a...
Copyright © 2007-2014 - The Retroist