It certainly isn’t every day you find out that a LEGO TRON: Legacy set is being released, right? That is exactly what happened though when I got to work yesterday and checked my messages. As you surely could expect, everyone here at the arcade equally lost their minds. On an average day we probably bring up TRON or TRON: Legacy multiple times a day. I suppose we are just of that age where the dream of working at an arcade really seemed like the most magical job ever.
If you’ve listened to any of my Diary of an Arcade Employee podcasts, you know that it truly is. Even when I’m down on my hands and knees scrubbing bathroom floors. The truth of the matter is I am in fact living the dream. Not that securing this LEGO TRON: Legacy set wouldn’t make it just a bit better.
You can hop on over to the official LEGO site and get a better look at the set. It looks like it is being released on March 31st. This official LEGO TRON: Legacy set is from LEGO Ideas, which began in 2008, as well as giving 1% of royalties to the designers. In this case the original designers were the BrickBros UK after getting 10,000 votes that is. Thankfully Disney and LEGO were able to come together and now we totally have an TRON set about to be released.
Contents of the LEGO TRON: Legacy set include:
- Includes 3 LEGO minifigures: Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler.
- Features 2 buildable Light Cycles for Sam Flynn and Rinzler, and a TRON grid/display base.
- Sam Flynn’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-blue light-style elements, including power stream effects.
- Rinzler’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-orange light-style elements, including power stream effects.
- TRON grid/display base features 2 detachable parts, attachment points for the 2 Light Cycles and translucent-blue elements.
- Divide the grid to recreate the Light Cycle chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie, or use it to role-play the disc battle scene with the minifigures.
- Includes Quorra’s sword.
- Accessory elements include Sam Flynn and Quorra’s blue Identity Discs, and Rinzler’s 2 orange Identity Discs.
- Attach the discs to the back of each minifigure.
- This construction toy includes a booklet with building instructions, information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers, and the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
- Each Light Cycle measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 6″ (17cm) long and 1″ (4cm) wide.
- TRON grid/display base measures over 8″ (22cm) wide and 3″ (9cm) deep.
Now the real question is if we are getting more LEGO TRON products in the future?
[Via] Disney Movie Trailers
I’m not talking about just TRON: Legacy of course. Perhaps this is the first step in opening up the Grid to products from both the original movie…
[Via] Tate Smith
…and even the underappreciated but amazing TRON: Uprising?
[Via] The CGBros
Latest posts by VicSage (see all)
- The Video Game Art Of Randy Gallegos Is Remarkable! - December 14, 2018
- Saturday Frights Podcast Ep. 071 (Puppet Master) - December 12, 2018
- There Is Still Time To Catch Jim Henson’s Holiday Special - December 11, 2018