adjective: (of an idea or suggestion) wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.
“the allegations are patently absurd”
synonyms: preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, imbecilic, insane, harebrained, cockamamie; unreasonable, irrational, illogical, nonsensical, incongruous, pointless, senseless; informal, crazy, daft
“What an absurd idea!”
“The premise of this old television show is absurd!”
I remember watching this show in 1981. And catching it over, and over, and over again on Showtime a few years later. What can I say; I’m a sucker for schlock TV! The show’s subject? Read the headline: Benji takes a dive at Marineland. Right, but it’s not that simple. They could have made this show a straight up serious documentary that showcases the how, and the why. But they went right past that and turned up the glorious corny level to eleven! I’ll list the elements that make this amazing!
In no particular order:
1) Mermaid dog puppets (attracted to the star of the show Benji of course)!
2) Boss Hogg-like dog puppets!
3) Singing pineapples!
4) The most wooden acting to ever be presented to a television audience!
5) Calypso music!
6) Dolphins (not puppets)!
7) A ridiculously campy storyline!
8) And… Diabolical Nazi dog puppets! Didn’t see that one coming did ya?
9) The video link below also comes loaded with the commercial breaks of the era (1981)! You’re welcome!
Does Benji actually take a dive at Marineland? Check out this rare gem right here:
Oh Benji, we need a hero like you now-a-days!
Latest posts by Tom Berges (see all)
- Pilot Of The Airwaves – Charlie Dore – 1979 - November 4, 2018
- Stove Top Stuffing Commercial from 1980 - November 3, 2018
- Top 10 Bigfoot/Sasquatch documentaries of the Seventies - December 27, 2017