Our friends over at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment are certainly not resting in getting more Bat-Goodness into the hands of all of us fans of the 1966 Batman classic TV series. Starting on February 10th you can bring home the first collection of the Second Season of the entertaining series, that is 30 half-hour episodes with an amazing roster of legendary actors as the guest villains!
Episodes in this collection:
1) “To Shoot a Crooked Arrow/Walk The Straight and Narrow” which features Art Carney (The Honeymooners) as the Archer, a modern day Robin Hood that steals from Wayne Manor to aid the poor…but are his true motives so altruistic?
2) “Hot Off The Griddle/The Cat and the Fiddle” finds Catwoman (Julie Newmar) returning to Gotham City and she has set her sights on a pair of priceless violins.
3) “The Minstrel’s Shakedown/Barbecued Batman?” features Van Johnson (The Caine Mutiny) playing the role of the villainous Minstrel, a genius with electronics…and the lute…that has decided to destabilize Gothams’ Stock Exchange.
4) “The Spell of Tut/Tut’s Case is Shut” is the return of King Tut (Victor Buono) as he attempts to revive an extinct breed of scarabs. For what purpose? The distilled essence of the beetles allows one to create a potion that overrides the human will!
5) “Greatest Mother of Them All/Ma Parker” which features Shelley Winters (The Poseidon Adventure) as Ma Parker, the matriarch of the Parker Crime Family. After being thrown into prison for attempting to rob the Mother of the Year Awards, the Family is able to turn the tables and take over the prison!
6) “The Clock King’s Crazy Crimes/The Clock King Gets Crowned” has Walter Slezak (Lifeboat) as the ineffectual Clock King, a villain as you can guess that is quite enamored with timepieces…too bad for Bruce Wayne that he possesses such a valuable collection.
7) “An Egg Grows In Gotham/The Yegg Foes In Gotham” features the always incredible Vincent Price (The Fly) as the dastardly and pun-spouting Egghead! The scheme? Why just wrestling control of Gotham City once it’s ownership rights revert to the Native Americans.
8) “The Devil’s Fingers/The Dead Ringers” has none other than Liberace as Chandell, a criminal mastermind who has set his sights on wooing Aunt Harriet.
9) “Hizzoner the Penguin/Dizzoner The Penguin” the Penguin (Burgess Meredith) has returned to Gotham and hold onto your top hats and umbrellas because he is running against Batman for the honor of being Mayor!
10) “Green Ice/Deep Freeze” finds Mr. Freeze giving Batman and Robin the cold shoulder once again, though this time the character is played by Otto Preminger (The Man With The Golden Arm) where in his original appearance in Season One it was George Sanders.
11) “The Impractical Joker/The Joker’s Provokers” is all about the Joker (Cesar Romero) and this time he has gotten his gloved hands on an actual time machine!
12) “Marsha, Queen of Diamonds/Marsha’s Scheme Of Diamonds” introduces Marsha, the Queen of Diamonds who is played by Carolyn Jones (The Addams Family) and wants nothing more than to retrieve the Batdiamond, which powers the Batcomputer.
13) “Come Back Shame/It’s How You Play The Game” pits the Dynamic Duo against the evil cowboy named Shame, played by Cliff Robertson (Spider-Man). Shame and his gang are working on creating a truck that can outrun the likes of the Batmobile for their heists.
14) “The Penguin’s Nest/The Birds Last Jest” has the Penguin returning again, this time he has opened up an exclusive restaurant that caters to the extremely wealthy, Batman and the Boy Wonder can’t help but find it odd that the crooked owner has his patrons write all of their own orders. What could he possibly want with all of those signatures?
15) “The Cat’s Meow/The Bat’s Kow Tow” sees the return of Catwoman, played by Julie Newmar once again, and the villain is all set to steal the voices of Chad and Jeremy!
[Via] Catman 916
From the Official Press Release: “Batman and Robin are set to take you on more perilous plots with fiendish foes trying to undo our undaunted heroes! From the torturous King Tut to a straying Catwoman to the provoking Joker, Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) take on a cape-full of calamity. But wait! There are still plenty of Bat-gadgets and plot twists in the race against time and adrenalin laced adventure. Now completely re-mastered, all the originality, crime-fighting action and arch-villainy can be yours! The series stars Adam West and Burt Ward with the ever-popular guest stars Julie Newmar, Cesar Romero and many more.”
You still have time to pre-order your copy! Follow the link provided up at the top of the post or jump over to Amazon!
Latest posts by VicSage (see all)
- Check Out The Darkwing Duck Game That Could Have Been! - January 16, 2019
- Retro Records: Winnie The Pooh And Tigger (1952) - January 15, 2019
- Toon In: UPA’s Spare The Child (1955) - January 14, 2019