I grew up with Christmas lights that could still get hot enough to start a fire if they weren’t monitored properly. Not an Xmas went by where my Mother didn’t terrify me with horror stories of family’s whose house and presents went up in flames because of carelessness. So even now I am always touching lights to test their heat and making sure that everything is unplugged at night or when unattended.
As you will see in this commercial with Dick Van Dyke from the 1970s. This season is fun, but it is not an excuse to not be careful. So make sure you heed Dick’s warnings and mind your fireplace and make sure your tree does not get too dry. Safe AND fun makes for a very special Christmas.
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- The Terrible Touchscreen Interface in Die Hard - January 18, 2019
- The Art for Ravenloft and Castlevania II are very Similar - January 4, 2019
- Spectra was Spacy, Lacy and Out of this World - December 31, 2018