When I think of Utility Belts I usually find my thoughts wandering towards a certain Caped Crusader that resides in Gotham City, patrolling the long nights bringing justice to the cowardly criminals that dare to break the law with a quick punch to the face or perhaps a batarang to the back of the head…or in a pinch…a car battery.
However, until a friend of the Retroist sent us the photo above of the 1978 Remco Hulk Utility Belt I didn’t I know that perhaps Ol’ Jade Jaws might need one for himself. Take a look at what is included with that set:
1. Utility Belt (Considering how many pants he rips…this might be a good idea)
2. Gamma Radiation Detector (Now you would think this thing would be going off all the time around the Hulk but perhaps Bruce uses it to locate the likes of the Abomination or the Leader?)
3. Hulk Wrist Gauntlets (Sometimes even the Hulk needs even more upper arm strength)
4. Hulk Voice Modulator (I’ve got nothing)
No matter why Remco decided to include the Hulk in their Utility Belt line of toys I can assure that if I would have seen this in the store back in my youth I would have begged to get it.
Latest posts by VicSage (see all)
- Nobody’s Fool: The Life And Times Of Schlitzie The Pinhead - March 19, 2019
- Pop Culture Retrorama Ep. 03 – Conan The Barbarian (1982) - March 18, 2019
- Ever See Topps 1992 Gruesome Greetings Cards? - March 17, 2019