As I mentioned in an earlier post, the iconic television series is getting a DVD release from Shout! Factory on May 22nd. You can pre-order this wonderful series either through Shout! Factory or if you prefer Amazon. I was already pretty excited for this release, but I am even more excited because Shout! Factory has released an update on the bonus features for the set. It will include:
- Rare 1990 William S. Paley Television Festival panel — Q&A style feature focusing on Route 66 with the following participants:
Marion Dougherty (casting director), Arthur Hiller (director), Elliot Silverstein (director), George Maharis (“Buz Murdock”), Herbert B. Leonard (writer/producer)
- Vintage commercials
- SPECIAL “VALUE ADD” DVD – Great Cars: Corvette
Returning from World War II, many soldiers told stories of the loves they’d left behind. or some, it was a mechanical sweetheart — the European sports car. So, the nation was primed for the debut of the 1953 Corvette, a fiberglass two-seater that was the first mass-produced American sports car. The first car was more show than go, but over the years Corvette has evolved from a cute-looking roadster to the menacing Sting Ray, and now to one of the world’s sleekest, sexiest and fastest high-tech sports cars.
This is classic entertainment and well worth the money, so make sure to get onboard this release and pre-order your copy today.
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- The Art for Ravenloft and Castlevania II are very Similar - January 4, 2019
- Spectra was Spacy, Lacy and Out of this World - December 31, 2018
- Retroist Trading Places Podcast - December 22, 2018