Great news retro gaming fans, you can now take your gaming fun on the go AND use your original carts and controllers on your computer using the Retrode 2. I was pretty excited when I heard about the Retrode last year and if it was not for a giant backlog of stuff I want, I would have ordered it, but now I am glad I waited, because the Retrode 2 looks much improved.
As with the original gaming on the Retrode 2 is dead simple here is how it works:
1. Find and install and emulator.
2. Plug cartridge into Retrode, and connect controllers. Of course, if you only want to use either the cartridge or a controller, that’s fine with us.
3. Connect Retrode to computer. No drivers needed.
4. Play! Load ROM into the emulator, configure the controllers, and you’ll be playing in no time.
So no messy fishing for ROMS online (you already have them in convenient cart form! If you like retro gaming, and who doesn’t head over to the Retrode 2 website for more information, pre-orders yours at Stone Age Gamer (ships January 23rd), then go nuts and fill out your library of games at classic online gaming vendor Magisterrex. Happy gaming!
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- Animated original Atari 2600 Space Invaders box art - May 29, 2018
- The Art of David A. Trampier - May 20, 2018
- Retroist Lazer Tag Podcast - May 14, 2018