After posting about Burger Chef yesterday, I started thinking of other fast food that I ate as a kid. It is hard to believe, but for many years we did not have Kentucky Fried Chicken near our home. So all my fried chicken experience was either homemade or from a place called Chicken Delight. I have not seen a Chicken Delight in many years (although the one we went to still exists), but here is what I remember about it.
1. We always got the food to go. I never went in, so I have no idea what it looked like inside.
2. The chicken was crispy, which I really liked, it was kind of like the extra crispy chicken you get at KFC now.
3. The quality was not dependable. My Mom complained often depending on the batch.
I could find no US commercials for Chicken Delight, but this Canadian ad from the 1980s is mighty fine.
Latest posts by Garry Vander Voort (see all)
- My appearance on Disney Channel’s EPCOT Magazine - January 22, 2018
- Snap Crackle Pop Tunes Rice Krispies 7 Inch Record - January 19, 2018
- Stay Alive the Board Game - January 18, 2018