1) My Father would make us both a very large breakfast. Bacon and eggs, hash browns, buttered toast and some sausage links.
2) We would watch the Rifleman on a station we picked up from Tulsa thanks to the rabbit ears on the TV in our living room.
There was actually three things Sunday meant…in addition to those first two:
3) After eating and watching the Rifleman we would take a very long nap.
For those who have never had the pleasure of seeing an episode of the Rifleman before today, the series dealt with Lucas McCain (Chuck Connors) who was a homesteader and his young son, Mark McCain (Johnny Crawford) as the two find themselves in various western adventures in the fictitious town of North Fork in the New Mexico Territory. Lucas McCain also happens to be quite deadly with both the Winchester rifle and six shooter, though the program always pushed Lucas’s reluctance to use violence to solve a situation.
The show ran from 1958 to 1963 on the ABC network and as you can see in the photo up top with Sammy Davis Jr., it had almost every popular guest star of the time coming into town and getting involved with Lucas McCain and his son.
Latest posts by VicSage (see all)
- Have You Seen The Stan & Ollie Biopic Trailer Yet? - September 19, 2018
- The Faithful Spy By John Hendrix (Review) - September 17, 2018
- Saturday Frights: Readful Things Has Something For Ever Horror Fan! - September 16, 2018