Retroist Jetsons Podcast

Retroist Jetsons Podcast

Welcome to the Retroist Jetsons Podcast. On today’s show I talk all about the hit Sci-Fi cartoon series, The Jetsons. I talk about the pre-production, the cast, production of the show, its reception in the US and much much more. This is a very special episode because I get to talk with Judy Jetson herself, Janet Waldo! Janet and I talk about working on the Jetsons, how she landed the role, the process of working on the show, her work on Battle of the Planets, working with Bing Crosby and much much more. It was a real honor to talk to her.

If you have a moment please stop by iTunes or wherever you might download the show and perhaps give the show a quick rating. It is very much appreciated.

[iTunes] Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3)
[RSS MP3] Add the Retroist Podcast feed (in MP3) to your RSS aggregator and have the show delivered automatically.

If you would like more retro fun, you can also follow me on the Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/retroist and on the Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/retroist.com.

Want to help Support the Retroist Podcast? Please drop by our Support page to find out how.

Listen and download the Retroist Jetsons Podcast

Thanks for listening to the show and I hope you have a great weekend.

Garry Vander Voort

Editor/Podcaster at Retroist
The Retroist is like a BBQ on a bun without the bones. You're only human daddy. Chomp!

Latest posts by Garry Vander Voort (see all)

* indicates required

14 thoughts on “Retroist Jetsons Podcast

1. Kris Knives says:

Wow, huge improvement on the interview sound quality from the last show. I wasn’t a big fan of the Jetsons myself but I found the whole discussion of the show interesting. If they do make a live action movie I hope they do so with more respect to both the audience and the source material then we’ve seen with recently offerings like Alvin and the Chipmunks or the new Smurfs movie.

2. Thanks Kris, I will keep trying to make improvements with each interview as I learn more about the audio process. And I agree 100% on the movie. I will keep my fingers crossed.

3. moe says:

Great podcast, loved the Jetsons and your interview with Ms Waldo was so interesting and enlightning, what a charming talented lady, with such a wondeful career. It was her remenisence of her old costars and friends bring back so many great shows, just hearing her call Mr. Crosby, Bing, brought back a piece of old Hollywood.

Keep up the good work.

4. Rick says:

Universal about 10 years ago had a ride that was hanna barbera characters and I want to say the jetson car was the car you rode in. It was replaced with the jimmy newtron ride. I think the other one was way better. On another note, I think that they missed the perfect opertunity for a Jetson’s live action movie in the 80s. Think about it, Harry Anderson (from Night Court) as George, Kathleen Ohara (the mom from home alone) as Jane and Danny Devito as Spacely. Would have been awesome.

5. patrick J doody says:

The Jetson ride at Orlando was awesome. You started in a car that was then rubber band slingshotted into space and save Elroy. It was pretty great – it had all the characters.

In fact, here it is!

6. Kris Knives says:

Well to be fair it has a huge handicap in that the new ride involves Jimmy Neutron. From what I’ve seen of JN they really don’t have a lot to work with there compaired to the Jetsons.

7. earblast says:

I noticed in the show it sounded like you kept referring to Astro as Astra. Was I hearing that wrong?

Greatly enjoyed the podcast and interview with the lovely Ms. Waldo.

They have my vote for a Jetsons movie. Though I’d be just as pleased (if not moreso) to see a computer animated version than a live-action one.

And that ride video was lotsa fun, Patrick!
    Who knew Yogi was such a stunt driver?

9. Hot Pink Nation says:

I say “NO WAY” to a Live Action Jetsons movie. Yuck.

Not too hot on a C.G. Jetsons, either

10. Welcome back HPN!

I agree about the live action movie. I would prefer if anything a traditionally animated or some sort of retro cg hybrid.

@earblast – missed your comment here. I was saying Astro, but sometimes I do sound weird. So if it sounds like Astra it was just me garbling.