New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas. Roulette wheels spin, cards snap, slots chime, champagne fizzes, shows go on…and the lights go out. It’s the perfect time to steal a kiss or a $25 chip. But for Danny Ocean (Frank Sinatra) and 10 partners in crime, it’s the ideal moment to steal millions. Sinatra and off-screen pals Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford, Joey Bishop, play army buddies who scheme to knock out power to the Vegas strip, electronically rig five big casino vaults and raid them all on the same night. Packed with location-lensed glamor, sweaty suspense, swinging comedy and a stunning twist ending now in gorgeous hi-def, Ocean’s 11 is your entertainment best bet.
When I saw the remakes of the Ocean’s 11 film, I was satisfied (at least by the first one), but I kept wondering, when are the songs going to start? Now I love a caper as much as the next guy, but the real magic for me is when suspension of disbelief was tossed aside and the Rat Pack went all Rat Pack on us. Well, if your a fan of the same thing I have great news, the original Ocean’s 11 is now available on Blu-Ray. So you can finally view this high watermark of Jet Set cinema in glorious Hi Definition. Not only that, you will also get a host of extra that include:
* Commentary by Frank Sinatra Jr. and Angie Dickinson
* Interactive Las Vegas Then and Now Map with Casino Vignettes
* The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson Excerpt Featuring Guest Host Frank Sinatra and Guest Angie Dickinson
* Theatrical Trailer
Great for fans or anyone who has an interest in the swingin’ 60. So pick up a copy today.
50th Anniversary Ocean’s 11 on Blu-Ray [@] Amazon
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- The Art for Ravenloft and Castlevania II are very Similar - January 4, 2019
- Spectra was Spacy, Lacy and Out of this World - December 31, 2018
- Retroist Trading Places Podcast - December 22, 2018