This photo is densely packed with great attractions of yore. Lets just see what we have here:
- The “Skyway to Fantasyland” with that great vertical sign. The Skyway closed in 1994.
- The Ethan Allen from the original “Submarine Voyage” is prominent in the foreground. Ethan Allen was one of 8 subs that included Triton, Sea Wolf, Skate, Skipjack, George Washington, Patrick Henry, and of course Nautilus. The “Submarine Voyage” closed in 1998 but was replaced with the “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage” in 2007.
- The “Rocket to the Moon” is visible in the background. The rocket would closed in 66 and re-open in 67 as “Flight to the Moon”. In 1975 it became “Mission to Mars” and in 1992 it became Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port.
- A Red ALWEG Mark II Monorail is zooming by in the middle of the shot (4 cars baby!). It would be several years(1968) before it would be replaced by the Mark III monorail system.
- I cannot confirm this, but it looks like a spire mentioning “Monsanto’s Fashions and Fabrics through the Years” might be sticking out at the top. I cannot be sure though, that spire is very obscured and I cannot find any source material on this short lived attraction that walked women through the history of their clothing from the stone age until the 1960s.
Can you spot anything I missed or got wrong?