Fans of the original Atari 2600’s Adventure rejoice. The classic Warren Robinett game has been rebooted with major updates and is available for free to play on your Windows machine. The updates for the game include:
- upgraded, “16-bit” like graphics
- actual sound effects (rather than just beeps/boops)
- ambient, mood-setting sounds for each special area
- a more convenient Front End and user interface
- windowed mode, full screen mode
- Gameplay Based upon and Inspired by the Original
Hop on over to Adventure 2600 Reboot for more info and to download the game.
Update: Sadly, because of copyright issues, this game is no longer available for download.
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- The Terrible Touchscreen Interface in Die Hard - January 18, 2019
- The Art for Ravenloft and Castlevania II are very Similar - January 4, 2019
- Spectra was Spacy, Lacy and Out of this World - December 31, 2018