10. Oxford Blues (starring Rob Lowe and Ali Sheedy)
“He came to Oxford to meet a girl…but he got something even more important. A chance to be a WINNER”
9. Breaking Away
He isn’t Italian!
8. Top Gun
Think about it…
7. Better Off Dead
Lane vs. the car full of Asian Howard Cosell enthusiasts not to mention the K-12 competition!
6. The Running Man
In the year 2017? We’re just 3 years away from this pageantry!
5. Chariots of Fire
4. Personal Best
It nears the top of the list, not just for the hurdling, or lesbian overtones, or Olympic themes, but mainly because it features the Doobie Brothers’ “What a Fool Believes” in the trailer!
3. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
2. Six Pack
Love will turn you around. It just will. Don’t question it.
1. Cannonball Run
Really, was there ever any question as to what would take the top spot? Captain Chaos would have it no other way.
-DJ Darko, Your Pop Culture Mixologist
Latest posts by djdarko (see all)
- Happy Birthday, MTV! - August 1, 2014
- USA for Africa’s “We Are the World” - July 28, 2014
- Music Is Magic: a Q&A with Britta Phillips, the Voice Behind the Jem and the Holograms Songs - July 16, 2014