Monster Cereals’ Retro Packaging

For the upcoming release of Monster Cereals this year, in addition to their normal modern packaging, the cereals will also be available in retro packaging, exclusively at Target. I was thrilled to see that two of the classic monsters are making a comeback. So this retro packaging is just icing on the retro cake.

Read about the upcoming cereal release, learn about Monster Cereals and enjoy some detailed imagery of the package design. Frame-worthy? I think so!

frute-brute

yummy-mummy

count-chocula

boo-berry

franken-berry

9 Responses to Monster Cereals’ Retro Packaging

1. hobgoblin238 says:

I hope General Mills realizes the rush that will be for these. I HOPE Target FULLY stocks.

At my Target, the person in line behind me will get no boxes. None.

3. Glen says:

SWEET! …In more ways than one!

4. VicSage says:

So…we have to stop the Retroist, he has made his intentions clear! ;)

It doesn’t look like they’re truly reviving these flavors. From what i can determine, the brute/muumy cereals were originally a fruit punch flavor, with one having vanilla marshmallows & the other having lime marshmallows. According to these boxes though, one will be cherry flavored while the other will be orange.

I found pics of the classic boxes, which confirm my earlier research. Brute had “fruit” cereal with lime marshmallows and mummy had “fruit” cereal with vanilla marshmallows.
    classic brute box: http://i.imgur.com/Z8ZBlpa.jpg
    classic mummy box: http://i.imgur.com/QfMwjN3.jpg

7. Coocoo4cocoa says:

They should also make these in packs of the small/mini box size to pass out for Halloween instead of candy!

8. GuitarAnthony says:

I really think Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy used to be the exactly the same. They weren’t out at the same time, natch, but they were the same cereal. Looks like Brute is cherry and Mummy is orange cream. I will gladly partake of both when I see them.