You’re in grade school and you’re thirsty. What do you reach for? A can of soda? A bottle of root beer? A pouch of Capri Sun? Well, maybe. But if you were really lucky, you reached for Little Hugs Fruit Barrels. Little Hugs were little translucent barrels of Kool-Aid like liquid sealed with a tin foil top. You peeled back the tin foil about halfway off the top of the barrel (I can still remember the feel of doing so today) and then poured it down your parched gullet. I’ve been happy lots of times in my life, and many of those times had Little Hugs in them. I don’t know if Little Hugs are as popular with the anklebiters today as they were when I was an anklebiter, but I did find this case of them at the store, and if I wasn’t so worried about my daughter drinking them all, I would have bought one.
Sign up for the Retroist Newsletter
Recent and Popular Posts
- Saturday Frights Podcast – Episode 017 (Salem’s Lot)
- Land of the Lost Nodniks
- Singles Bars hate the new Video Dating
- Raiders Re-Imagined
- Rob McElhenney from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” does a Nineties Anti-smoking PSA
- William Tecumseh Sherman and the Power Glove
- G.I. Joe Commando Attack Board Game
- Aladdin’s Castle Arcade Video From 1989
- Tragedy in Texas: The Sad Story of the Von Erich Family
- Rob McElhenney from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" does a Nineties Anti-smoking PSA
- What You Need to Know About The ColecoVision Flashback
- Raiders Re-Imagined
- Pizza Hut Solar Shades
- Saturday Frights Podcast - Episode 017 (Salem's Lot)
- How to Dress Like Magnum PI
- The Cartoon Illuminati By Adam Withers
- Patrick J. Doody: This movie terrified me. One year, I put blessed palms all around the door of my house. I still...
- The Retroist: Where are the pyrotechnics??
- Max Power: In the Simpsons. their version was called Lowered Expectations.
- Max Power: The origin of Project Badass?
- VicSage: I agree with you, Bigox737! I sure hope the Projectionist and I are able to stir up some memories of when...
- bigox737: I cannot wait to listen to this! I love this movie and think it was an excellent adaption.
- The Retroist: I watched waaaaay more of this than I expected to when I hit play.
- CarlosTheDwarf: Holy crap, I remember that ad. Had no idea it was Mac!
- Hayden Yale: If you ever find a copy, please be sure to post as many pictures from it as possible – especially...
- The Retroist: I need to own this book.
Copyright © 2007-2014 - The Retroist