You’re in grade school and you’re thirsty. What do you reach for? A can of soda? A bottle of root beer? A pouch of Capri Sun? Well, maybe. But if you were really lucky, you reached for Little Hugs Fruit Barrels. Little Hugs were little translucent barrels of Kool-Aid like liquid sealed with a tin foil top. You peeled back the tin foil about halfway off the top of the barrel (I can still remember the feel of doing so today) and then poured it down your parched gullet. I’ve been happy lots of times in my life, and many of those times had Little Hugs in them. I don’t know if Little Hugs are as popular with the anklebiters today as they were when I was an anklebiter, but I did find this case of them at the store, and if I wasn’t so worried about my daughter drinking them all, I would have bought one.
Sign up for the Retroist Newsletter
Recent and Popular Posts
- Learn all about “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” on the Retroist Video Podcast
- Honor Blackman’s Book of Self-Defence
- I want a Steampunk NES
- Yes, Sometimes I would like to go back.
- Buckner And Garcia’s Lost Classics!
- Mark Rossini Private Investigator for Miller Lite
- Are You Ready For The Ghostbusters And Stay Puft Marshmallow Doughnuts At Krispy Kreme?
- Check Out This 1983 WLOX News Report On Dragon’s Lair!
- The AT&T Genesis let you use cartridges to add features to your Phone
- The Cartoon Illuminati By Adam Withers
- Tragedy in Texas: The Sad Story of the Von Erich Family
- What You Need to Know About The ColecoVision Flashback
- How to Dress Like Magnum PI
- Check Out This 1983 WLOX News Report On Dragon's Lair!
- A 25th Century Single Soft Drink Dystopia Looks back on 1985 in this classic Pepsi Ad
- Until next Summer...
- ddsw: Heh…I remember dancing around like an idiot to Do the Donkey Kong.
- TheSixMillionDollarJedi: Very cool. I was horrible at that game but it is a great one.
- TheSixMillionDollarJedi: That already looks better than the Lundgren one.
- TheSixMillionDollarJedi: I never knew that existed. Makes total sense!
- TheSixMillionDollarJedi: I watched it too but it never lived up to the greatness of The A-Team or Riptide.
- darrenf: No you cannot. I’m also from Joisey. :) Either way, keep up the great work, absolutely LOVE your show,...
- Dan H: The voice could have just been a dramatization too. That might have been before they really cracked down on...
- Tenn_Tuxedo: I was quite the fan of the 80s NBC Stingray show as a kid. It is cliche 80s drama programming with a...
- Max Power: I’m wondering about that French tutor. The voice sounds too good for the voice synthesizers of the...
- Max Power: I think Panasonic also had combo VCR/camera units where the tape player/recorder was detachable from the...
Copyright © 2007-2014 - The Retroist