Comics of the mid-80s were filled with ads for Advanced Dungeons and Dragons supplements. I never got to play any of these supplements. I never got to play Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. I never even got to play regular Dungeons and Dragons. But I did spend a lot of time looking at these ads and dreaming of what I could get to do if I ever did get a chance to play. Here are just a few of those ads that kept me dreaming.
Sign up for the Retroist Newsletter
Recent and Popular Posts
- Pixelblock Character Stickers
- Diet Coke commercial with Superstars Willard Scott & Marvelous Marvin Hagler
- It’s Time For Some WICKED Awesome Rock n’ Roll!
- Retro Radio Memories: Escape – “Three Skeleton Key” (1950)
- Saturday Frights: Christopher Lee’s Fireside Tales – The Monkey’s Paw
- Cinefix’s Humorous “The Entire Halloween Series In 2 Minutes”
- Are You Ready For The Sewer Slashin’ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
- Halloween Costume Suggestions: Voltron (Far Universe Version)
- Are You Ready For The Sewer Slashin' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
- Tragedy in Texas: The Sad Story of the Von Erich Family
- How to Dress Like Magnum PI
- The Cartoon Illuminati By Adam Withers
- What You Need to Know About The ColecoVision Flashback
- Halloween Songs From My Grade School Days
- It's Time For Some WICKED Awesome Rock n' Roll!
- Fisher-Price Alpha Probe
- VicSage: Same here, Caffeinated Joe. Though I own the three disc DVD of Zombie’s Halloween…not because I...
- VicSage: Agreed, Six Million Dollar Jedi…though I keep looking at them and wanting them on my toy shelf now. :D
- Caffeinated Joe: That is pretty funny and agree with the creator about Zombie’s two films. No thanks! They...
- TheSixMillionDollarJedi: Very cool idea.
- xaulted1: My favorite Halloween special EVER!
- Max Power: Weather Infromation? The Resort TV Guide was one of the high-tech parts of Walt’s EPCOT plan. RCA...
- herbo45: Bobby Herbeck October 16, 2014 at 5:12 pm I have a long history with the first TMNT film. I wrote the first...
- soilworker3: That is strange it hasn’t turned up on ebay or amazon. I distinctly remember the commercial and...
- stacymckenna: You can still try it if you schlep to Atlanta http://www.realpages .com/sites/bostonsea party/index.html
- RetroArt: I love that somebody went to the trouble to do this.
Copyright © 2007-2014 - The Retroist