Retroist Podcast – Episode 128 – Cloak & Dagger

cloak-and-dagger

On this week’s show we talk all about the cult 1980s classic, Cloak & Dagger. I am joined this week by Vic Sage with a new “Why Should I Know this Person?”, Doug McCoy with a new “Also Ran” and Rob “Flack” O’Hara with a great new “Talking Tech”. Music on the show was provided by Peachy (the Henry Thomas of Wales), if you have musical needs, why not contact Peachy at peachy@retroist.com and “like” him on his Facebook Page.

If you have a moment please stop by iTunes, Stitcher, Zune or wherever you might download the show and perhaps give the show a quick rating. It would be much appreciated. If you have any suggestions for topics you would like for me to cover in the future, email them to me at retroist@retroist.com. You can also follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/retroist and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/retroist.com.

[iTunes] Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3)
[Zune] Subscribe to the Podcast directly in Zune Marketplace (MP3)
[RSS MP3] Add the Retroist Podcast feed (in MP3) to your RSS aggregator and have the show delivered automatically
[MP3] Download the MP3 directly
[OGG] Download the OGG directly

You can use the subscription button below to add the show to your favorite news reader or subscribe to show directly through iTunes. Thanks for listening and enjoy the show. If your are on IOS or Android, why not check out the show on Stitcher.

To download this show, click the mirror links below. If you are interested in hosting a mirror of this episode, please drop me an email at retroist@retroist.com with the URL of the file. It would be very appreciated.

download the retroist podcast subscribe archive

8 Responses to Retroist Podcast – Episode 128 – Cloak & Dagger

1. sjgeek89 says:

A few weeks back on my” treasure hunt” in my mother’s basement I was going through our old vhs tape case and found the tape with a faded Cloak & Dagger written on it, I wore that tape out. I’ve waited awhile for this episode.

2. Good show and once again, good segments. Appreciate Talkin Tech as I have about 4 of those Atari 800 XLs in their original boxes; they were showcasing the heck out of ‘em in the store.

3. TheSixMillionDollarJedi says:

I’m huge fan of this movie. It’s part of my 80s video game movie tetraology (others include Tron, Wargames and The Wizard).

Some highlights for me in it are:

1) the old lady’s missing fingers always creeped me out

2) Watching this movie in the 80s made me want to own a video game store like Morris’

3) The line “Play dead or you will be” is awesome.

4. jamie says:

hey retroist its been a while remeber me ive commented before on your site about the whiz kids and made some funny remarks i just wanted u to know im doing ok and ive been listening to your shows even when i have not responed i still think of us as best buddies like u told me once we probably would have been good fruiends growing up. oh retroist i found somrthing at target last night jakson 5 animated dvd kits been a while sence ive seen or herd about that. one more thing dou remeber when i suggested streethawk the tv show as a podcast i would love it if u could do that sometime. just thought i would refresh your memory. and good podcast by the way cloak and dagger been a while sense ive seen that. sorry for rambling on. but im just pleased to comment again have a awesome weekend tell next time your friend jamie.

5. sjgeek89 says:

SMDJedi you are absolutely right about her fingers, or lack of. I remember that scene so vividly as a kid. It really creeped me out. (no offence to anybody missing fingers)

6. TheSixMillionDollarJedi says:

It was that slow reveal and it looked like it was an actual hand with missing fingers.

Great show, guys!
    I had forgotten about this movie and, thanks to this podcast, I’ll get to enjoy it all over again.

Yeah, I also have a fondness for movies of the era featuring video games.

And indeed the Atari 5200’s graphics couldn’t handle the visualizing of the secret plans, but I get a kick out of seeing how film-makers saw computers at the time.

“Sure, there are blocky graphics *now*, but press this button and tweak this innard and POW! : The world of tomorrow, today.”

8. James says:

The Atari 5200 Cloak and Dagger game is still hopefully being made by Dave Comstock.