In 1983 the Revell company hired legendary illustrator Wayne Barlowe to design a line of sci-fi toys and the result was Power Lords. Each of the figures produced had an action feature that generally resulted in change in their appearance, for example by pressing the button on Adam Power his torso swivels to reveal his Lord Power visage, etc. While there are a great many fans of the series to be honest it didn’t do that well and was quickly whisked off the shelves, at least this was the case in my neck of the woods.
Though all of that is about to change…perhaps…as it has been announced now that thanks to Four Horseman Studios (Those geniuses responsible for the new Masters of the Universe and DC Universe Classics line) the Power Lords are making a comeback.
From the Official Press Release: ??The Mayan year 126.96.36.199.0 has begun. As foretold in 669 AD by the famous prophecy carved into Monument 6 in the Mayan site of Tortuguero, this date signals the return of the ??Bolon Yokte Ku?? ? The Nine Lords of Power. It is therefore, with great reverence, that the Four Horsemen of the Toypocalypse hereby proclaim the return of the Nine Power Lords and reveal the identity of a Tenth who dwells among us and has the power to save us all.??
Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios are proud to announce the return of Power Lords: The Extra-Terrestrial Warriors action figure line!
It??s been 30 years since world-renowned sci-fi artist Wayne Douglas Barlowe originally designed the groundbreaking Power Lords toy line released by Revell. Four Horsemen Toy Design have acquired the Power Lords license and signed Wayne Barlowe as a creative consultant to help bring the Power Lords back in action figure form.
Getting to work with Barlowe on the much-anticipated return of Power Lords has been the culmination of a life-long dream for Four Horsemen co-founder Eric Treadaway. Four Horsemen Studios are currently hard at work creating the new Power Lords prototypes that will be revealed during the Power Lords-themed Toypocalypse 3 Art Exhibit occurring in New York at TT Underground in February during New York Toy Fair 2013.
To get updates about upcoming figures and events as well as a complete history and our ever-growing archival galleries for Power Lords please keep checking PowerLordsReturn.com!”
The Press Release also reveals this bit of news:
“Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios proudly present the return of the Official Power Lords Fan Club
Trigore level ? $20.00
– Poster/Print (B&W or full color, TBD)
– Plastic membership card featuring name and club number
– Subscription to the Club E-Mail Newsletter
– Priority Purchasing (first chance to buy new products, 24 hours before general release)
– 10% discount on any Power Lords merchandise purchased at Store Horsemen
– Future Members only incentives (exclusive figures and promotions, TBD)
Power Ship level ? $50.00
– Everything in Tier 1
– Power Lords/Four Horsemen T-shirt
– Exclusive figure only available to Club Members
Volcan Rock level ? $150.00
– Everything in tiers 1 & 2
– Top Secret
Latest posts by VicSage (see all)
- 1986’s Thunder Road Was Inspired By The Road Warrior! - June 29, 2017
- 1991’s Dinosaurs Meets Jurassic Park! - June 28, 2017
- Remember The E.T. Coors Poster…Wait, What?! - June 27, 2017