While I am a big fan Michael Myers, I appreciate what they tried to do in Halloween 3 by turning it into a Halloween themed vehicle (which could have birthed any number of new maniac superstars). Sadly the fans were not biting, they just wanted more Meyers. So Halloween III: Season of the Witch stands out as an oddball in the endless succession of Halloween films. That does not make it a bad film. On the contrary, it is a fun scary story, that I have come to really enjoy.
Now I have tried to get others onboard with the some Season of the Witch Fandom, But it has no Meyers, so it never gets the respect of the other Halloween films seem to easily get. But that has been changing. Fans of the film have been speaking out and Scream Factory has released the Halloween III: Season of the Witch Collector’s Edition Blu-ray.
Another amazing horror release from the new-ish Scream Factory. Their Halloween 3 release, just like their version of Halloween 2 (although with less extras), looks and sounds great and has some great extras, including:
* Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Tommy Lee Wallace
* Audio Commentary With Actor Tom Atkins
* Stand Alone: The Making Of Halloween III: Season Of The Witch Featuring Interviews With Writer/Director Tommy Lee Wallace, Actors Tom Atkins, Stacey Nelkin, Brad Schacter, Stunt Coordinator Dick Warlock, Executive Producer Irwin Yablans, Director Of Photography Dean Cundey, Co-Composer Alan Howarth and more!
* Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: The Locations Of Halloween III – Host Sean Clark And Writer/Director Tommy Lee Wallace Revisit The Original Shooting Locations Of The Film
* Teaser Trailer
* Theatrical Trailer
* TV & Radio Spots
* Still Gallery
Oh and I thought that the Halloween 2 disc menu was disturbing to wake up to…try this one on for size.
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- Animated original Atari 2600 Space Invaders box art - May 29, 2018
- The Art of David A. Trampier - May 20, 2018
- Retroist Lazer Tag Podcast - May 14, 2018