I love what Scream Factory is doing with their Blu-Ray horror releases and with Halloween around the corner, I plan on loading up on them. But when Halloween is over, Scream will still be putting out some of my faves and top of my post-Halloween list is John Carpenter’s “They Live” Collector’s Edition Blu-ray which will be coming out on November 6, 2012.
Why is it on my list? Well not only am I excited to see it in HD, but it has a host of extras including:
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director John Carpenter and Actor Roddy Piper
- Independent Thoughts – An interview with Writer/Director John Carpenter
- Man vs. Aliens – An interview with Actor Keith David
- Woman of Mystery – An interview with Actress Meg Foster
- Watch, Look, Listen: The Sights & Sounds of “They Live” – A look at the visual style, stunts and music from the film with Director of Photography Gary B. Kibbe, Stunt Coordinator Jeff Imada, and Co-Composer Alan Howarth
- 2012 Cast Reunion Q&A with Roddy Piper, Keith David, and Meg Foster. Presented by Ain’t It Cool News and Texas Frightmare Weekend.
- Original EPK: The Making of “They Live”
- Never-Before-Seen Footage from the Commercials created for the film
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
This is looking pretty definitive as editions go and you got to agree, it is about time this film gets the love it deserves. Pre-orders are currently being taken over at Amazon. (and is Prime Eligible)