Retroist Podcast – Episode 105 – Mr. Do!

On today’s show I talk about the arcade and home video game hit, Mr. Do! I talk about some of the company that made it (and some of their other titles), how to play the game, its sequels and lots of other fun stuff. Music on the show was provided by Peachy, if you have musical needs, why not contact Peachy at peachy@retroist.com.

Oh and if you have a moment please stop by iTunes or Zune or wherever you might download the show and perhaps give the show a quick rating. It would be much appreciated. If you have any suggestions for topics you would like for me to cover in the future, email them to me at retroist@retroist.com. You can also follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/retroist and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/retroist.com.

[iTunes] Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3)
[Zune] Subscribe to the Podcast directly in Zune Marketplace (MP3)
[RSS MP3] Add the Retroist Podcast feed (in MP3) to your RSS aggregator and have the show delivered automatically
[MP3] Download the MP3 directly
[OGG] Download the OGG directly

You can use the subscription button below to add the show to your favorite news reader or subscribe to show directly through iTunes. Thanks for listening and enjoy the show.

To download this show, click the mirror links below. If you are interested in hosting a mirror of this episode, please drop me an email at retroist@retroist.com with the URL of the file. It would be very appreciated.

download the retroist podcast subscribe archive

8 Responses to Retroist Podcast – Episode 105 – Mr. Do!

1. Doug says:

Great podcast. Retroist shows always make my Friday.

2. jamie niemeyer says:

great podcast cast retroist and last weeks was awesome too . i remeber mr.do alot i was pretty good at it . chidhoood memories . oh retroist you know the guy who called you mr. do i can step tthat name up and give you a new name. MR. POOPY DO ! [[[LAUGH OUT LOUD ]]] ! HAVE A GOOD ONE. jamie

3. Hands down, my favorite arcade game.

I am glad to hear that I am not alone Riley.

5. Retro Justin says:

Such a Dig Dug ripoff.

JUST KIDDING!

Great show, gonna have to get the ColecoVision version off ebay!

It is a well done and smooth version of the game. You will enjoy it.

Played oodles of Mr.Do’s Castle, though never got really good at it.

Played even more Wild Ride but was even less better at it.
    Watched a clip of a run-through on YouTube and realized I never got past the third level.
    I think I liked playing it cuz it was on my school lunch hour and I knew I could spend a (very) finite amount of post-lunch time with a wide grin and pixelated glow on my face and still make the bell.

Great show, but I was confused as you used Dig Dug’s panic music for the breaks, and I couldn’t get Pookah’s mad scramble out of my head to let in the colorful thingamabobs chasing Mr.Do.

Think I got it on Colecovision, so it’ll be corrected soon.
    Too bad about the diamond, though.

And also, Universal is tops in my book for Space Panic, which I played endlessly at this small diner that had it, a pinball, a jukebox playing Stars On 45 and Friends Of Mr. Cairo on constant rotation from some cute older girls I could impress with my mad digging skills and general avoidance of panic (only during gameplay).

Thanks Universal!

8. Jason Dunn says:

I loved Mr. Do! It was way ahead of it’s time. Still one of the greats.
    Good show!