Knight Rider Becames Robert

No I haven’t lost my mind or suffered a blow to the head. I was just looking over Something Awful’s Holiday Shopping Guide when I found this:

You see, old Go-Bots don’t die, they just get sent to China to be given a paint job based on every pair of Umbros shorts I ever had.

At least I think this is a Go-Bot. He looks really familiar. Can anyone put a name on him for me?

11 Responses to Knight Rider Becames Robert

1. Doug says:

That is the best thing I’ve seen all day, and it’s only 9 am.

2. vinvectrex says:

I becames so happy when I saw this. Great post!

3. Kind of looks like Zemon or one of the GoBots that resembled him.

Looks nothing like Knight Rider/KITT, though. :)

@ShadowWing Tronix – But he does look like a total Robert

If you want to get technical, it’s not a gobots ripoff/bootleg, it’s a machine robo one.
    Scale Robo DX – MR-DX02 – Fairlady 280 Z

Aside from lacking actual heads, and having limbs that were uber-scrawny compared to their bulky bodies, thesuper gobots were pretty decent. (Although not the ones which were just overgrown versions of normal gobots, like the cy-kill and leader-1 ones, they were nothing more than duplo-esque versions of normal gobots. They didn’t even bother to give them enhanced details or anything.)

6. There’s a typo! The package should read: Knight Rider becomes R.O.B.E.R.T. (Robot Operative Based Entirely on Reused Toys).

7. VicSage says:

Maybe it’s the secret Robert the Bruce GoBots toy?

8. Dammit…I want one…and the “KARR BECAMES KEVIN”.

9. CarlosTheDwarf says:

I wonder if he’s friends with Robert Cop 2?

Hey, is this a spoiler for the series’ finale?