Who’s the Hotter “Happy Days” Tuscadero: Pinky or Leather?

“Happy Days?” Maybe not for Mr. Tuscadero. The father of Pinky and Leather must have had it rough; scaring off suitors for both his crazy-named (ready-for-the-stage) daughters. Not to mention, their literally race-y and rock-n-roll lifestyles. With that, I pose to you this question:

Which “Happy Days” Tuscadero was hotter?

• Pinky?: The short shorts, the crop-top, the red hair, motorcycle-riding, demolition derby-driving and the pink.
  • Roz Kelly as Pinky Tuscadero on "Happy Days"
    or

• Leather?: The skin-tight jumpsuits, the straight mop-top, the younger, rock-n-rolling, juvenile delinquency and the leather.
  • Suzi Quatro as Leather Tuscadero on "Happy Days"

Roz Kelly played Pinky and Suzi Quatro played Leather.

Fan of Happy Days? Why not check out the Retroist Happy Days podcast…

12 Responses to Who’s the Hotter “Happy Days” Tuscadero: Pinky or Leather?

1. Doug says:

It’s like Bailey or Jennifer, Ginger or MaryAnn. My response is, “Who says I have to chose?”

2. earblast says:

Leather. Had more of a Joan Jett vibe. I had no idea she was a real singer until I was in high school in the 80s. I recall her showing up in my german book in some sort of music chart listing. Susie Quattro.

3. As a kid, Leather scared me too much. So I guess Pinky. But she also scared me, in a totally different way. ;)

Leather Tuscadero could melt my Marshall stack!
      I developped a big crush on Suzi Quatro watching Happy Days.
      She had a rock n’ roll heart, ready for adventure.

Pinky was more of a girly-girl (that pic lays the odds in her favor) but felt more high-maintenance.

For a while, though, I confused Joan Jett with Suzi Quatro.
      But they both loved rock n’ roll, so it was an easy mistake.

5. Mashísmo says:

I agree with Doug – why choose just one. Sorry Atari, I was hard-pressed for finding a good shot of Leather that was FROM the show. (Def. some nice shots of her in leather as a recording artist, didn’t want to stack the odds either way.)

6. Carole says:

Pinky by a mile!! I think this needs to be a question on Facebook. Let the world decide. But the bigger question is, Who remembers the ladies signature hand gestures?????

7. VeRn says:

Leather, she still invades my dreams…

8. Mashísmo says:

Yes, they both had hand gestures – Leather’s was way cooler: thigh slap, finger-gun. Pinky’s was the fingersnap, clap, right?

9. Q says:

If I wanted to date a girl who acted and dressed like a guy (and sorta looked like one too) I’d just date a guy. No offense to Suzi, because she’s talented and cool, but the “rebellious” tomboy will ever, ever beat the girly girl. Ever. It’s not the way of nature.

10. sharon says:

As a hetero female (and natural redhead), when I was growing up watching Happy Days, I first aspired to be like Pinky. Then, when my love for rock grew, I wanted to be like Leather.

Now after rewatching the old episodes, I go back to my first female idol and that was Pinky. Wild, red-haired, tough and sexy-hot. Plus, she had her own custom pink Harley!

11. Badwolf says:

Leather. Not even close.

12. Running Bear says:

Well, as a kid I totally dug Leather – but now, looking back, even though she’s younger & hotter, she looks like a lezbo. Pinky looks like a milf.