A brand new site launched recently that is the culmination of 17 years of movie poster collecting by Eddie Shannon and it aptly called, Film on Paper. The site will continue to be updated, but already has…
– At launch there are 1494 posters represented with their own individual pages and a total of 12,080 images attached to them.
– These pages represent approximately 950 individual films (exact figure to be confirmed)
– All the photographs were taken by me and in total over 2 terabytes of images were captured before they were curated.
– Every single image was manually tweaked (lens correction, cropping, white-balance corrected etc) using Adobe Lightroom. No batch-processing here!
Just going through their archive I found 5 posters on the first page that I wanted to own. Including this gem:
So much stuff! I spent an hour just browsing page after page. So needless to say if you are any kind of fan of movie posters you will get lost on the site, but before you do, make sure to check out the About Us section, it gives detailed information on the processes he used in archiving their material and interesting info about posters in general. This is a “must bookmark” site.
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- Learn to use the Internet with Video Professor - May 24, 2017
- Art Direction in the Nuttin Polly-O String Cheese Commercial - May 19, 2017
- Retroist Breakout Podcast - May 19, 2017