Just got this release, which should be welcome news to anyone who is a fan of the original US Smurf TV series, who would like a “greatest hits” type collection:
Burbank, CA (May 3, 2011) – Get your Smurf on with Warner Home Video’s (WHV) release of The Smurfs: A Magical Smurf Adventure, a “super-Smurfy” collection featuring 10 episodes from the hit ‘80s Saturday morning cartoon series. Available in stores July 19, 2011, this delightful compilation stars everyone’s favorite Smurfs, including Lazy, Brainy, Smurfette, Hefty, Clumsy, Papa Smurf, and others in a delightful set of adventures the entire family can enjoy together. The Smurfs: A Magical Smurf Adventure will retail for $19.97 SRP.
“Smurftastic” Featured Episodes Include:
– Smurf Van Winkle – Lazy is tricked into believing he’s slept his life away.
– Revenge of the Smurfs – The Smurfs try to get even with an army that’s stormed their village.
– Magic Fountain – The Smurfs search for a magic fountain.
– Smurf Me No Flowers – Lazy is led to believe he has only a few days to live.
– The Cursed Country – An evil master captures Smurfs to work in his diamond mine.
– The Blue Plague – Brainy gives the Smurfs a meal that makes them feel like chickens.
– The Ring of Castellac – The Smurfs return a drugged duke to his rightful place.
– A Mere Truffle – Tracker loses his memory while leading the Smurfs on a truffle hunt.
– Gormandizing Greedy – Greedy gains weight after a diet of sweets and desserts.
– Sister Smurf – Smurfette and a young girl are held captive by an old hag.
The Smurfs are a group of over 100 bluish, three-apple tall creatures who live in the mushroom homes of Smurf Village. They are led by 543-year-old Papa Smurf (who doesn’t look a day over 530). Their lives would be perfect were it not for their villainous
Gargamel, a wizard who spends his days trying to capture them to eat, turn into gold, or for other evil reasons. Gargamel’s cat Azrael adds to the menace, always looking for a tasty, Smurfy snack.
Produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions, The Smurfs originally premiered as part of NBC’s Saturday morning programming lineup. The Emmy® Award winning series ran for nine seasons on NBC earning a 42% share of the U.S. Saturday morning audience.
“Fans have eagerly been awaiting another installment of The Smurfs on DVD and we are delighted to bring them another volume of this classic cartoon this summer,” said Jeff Brown, WHV Executive Vice President and GM of Non-Theatrical Franchise. He added, “The Smurfs remain immensely popular decade after decade because the universal messages of love, friendship and respect that they impart in each of their episodes are timeless. Those who grew up with The Smurfs on TV in the ‘80s are now eager to pass the joy they experienced while watching this series onto to today’s younger generations.”
If you did not guess already, you can pre-order Smurfs: A Magical Smurf Adventure on DVD over at Amazon.
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- It’s Dangerous to Adventure Alone - July 6, 2018
- Pitfall II – Lost Caverns Treasure Hunt Edition - July 2, 2018
- Captain America, Spider-Man and Doctor Doom at CES 1989 - July 1, 2018