When I walked through the door at work today, a guest’s cell phone began to ring, and she had selected the classic Ghostbusters theme as her tone. Which I took as a sign to include this absolute classic comedy/horror film as today’s trailer.
I have no doubt all of you are just as huge of fans of Ghostbusters as I am, but just in case you missed the craze, make sure to take a moment and listen to the Retroist’s Ghostbuster Podcast.
Two things happened to me in the Summer that Ghostbusters hit the movie theaters in my neck of the woods.
1) I rounded up some of the neighborhood kids and went door to door, busting ghosts, for 25 cents. This would eventually be brought to a halt when the Chief of Police informed us that what we were engaged in was quite illegal. The asking of money I suppose…I don’t believe he meant how we were busting ghosts.
2) I realized I was destined to be a Parapsychologist. This dream was utterly crushed when I was allowed to go on a field trip overnight to a supposed haunted bridge, where to this day it is claimed that a wailing woman can be seen searching for her baby. Her husband apparently threw the child over the bridge to its death and she died in the attempt to reclaim the infant. Well, about 2 in the morning…we did hear something. Never figured out what it was because I refused to budge from the spot where I was sitting with my blanket around me. My Father was kind enough to offer the sage advice that Parapsychology wasn’t really going to work out for me in all probability.
By the way, for the biggest fear of my young life…learn about the Ghost Cow…from the Retroist Halloween Special II Podcast.
Latest posts by VicSage (see all)
- War For The Planet Of The Apes Revelations - July 13, 2017
- Netflix’s Castlevania Is A Bloody Good Time! - July 7, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer By Way Of The Apple IIc! - June 30, 2017