I am wading through a big backlog of emails when this suddenly popped up. This press release is great News Golden Girls fans (like me)…
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment proudly announces the highly-anticipated debut of The Golden Girls: 25th Anniversary Complete Collection, on DVD November 9. Seven years of laughter, tears, friendship and fun culminate in this limited edition 21-disc commemorative set that allows fans to relive all the great moments of one of TV’s most beloved shows in one side-splitting new collection. Packaged in a fantastic, collectible replica of Golden Girl Sophia’s wicker purse, the fabulous new release includes every hilarious DVD bonus feature from each season, and other collectibles including all-new character-themed playing cards, showcasing each of the show’s lovable, off-beat stars.
The Golden Girls, which originally aired from 1985 through 1992, follows four friends – the smart Dorothy (Beatrice Arthur), naïve Rose (Betty White), vivacious Blanche (Rue McClanahan) and sarcastic Sophia (Estelle Getty) – who move in together in Miami. Their uproarious relationships with each other and the comical men in their lives have made The Golden Girls hugely popular with fans of all ages. These four mismatched, outrageous women certainly give ‘Grandma’ a whole new meaning, keeping audiences laughing with their endearing friendships and delightful chemistry.
Releasing just in time for the holidays, The Golden Girls: 25th Anniversary Complete Collection allows the legion of fans to relive great moments including Sophia’s hysterical run-in with the Pope; Dorothy being wooed by the one-and-only Sonny Bono; Rose trying out sky-diving to snag a guy; Blanche mistaking menopause for pregnancy, and so much more! The series includes a who’s who of fantastic guest stars including Burt Reynolds, Leslie Nielsen, Merv Griffin, Alex Trebek Sonny Bono, Debbie Reynolds, Jeffrey Tambor, Peter Graves and even a young George Clooney (as a Miami cop who saves the day)!
Hilarious bonus materials include:
• Thank You For Being A Friend – A look back with The Golden Girls
• Go For The Gold Trivia Challenge
• Golden Moments – The biggest laughs collected in a hilarious compilation
• The Golden Girls Scrapbook – Each Golden Girl’s funniest moments
• Exclusive Insights And Commentaries With Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan And Betty White
• Fashion Commentary – Joan and Melissa Rivers provide their own unique brand of fashion critique in a hilarious featurette that pays tribute to the crazy, kitschy wardrobes of The Golden Girls
All four women won Emmy® Awards for their roles – bringing the show’s Emmy® total to eleven. This made The Golden Girls one of only three sitcoms in history in which all main actors won at least one Emmy®. Betty White – who has become cultural phenomenon this year – went on to win another Emmy® for hosting Saturday Night Live in 2010. The beloved series features the talents of Marc Cherry (creator of Desperate Housewives), who served as a writer and producer.
Latest posts by The Retroist (see all)
- The Terrible Touchscreen Interface in Die Hard - January 18, 2019
- The Art for Ravenloft and Castlevania II are very Similar - January 4, 2019
- Spectra was Spacy, Lacy and Out of this World - December 31, 2018