U-Fly-It

U-Fly-It was a toy plane made from 1970 to 1975 by Schaper (although you could find it in stores for years afterwards). The toy was simple but exciting for the 70s, the plane was on a string and you could steer and land it.

26 Responses to U-Fly-It

1. Joe Becker says:

I am the inventor of the U FLY IT toy…. I can provide custom built aircraft carriers.

Do you have a website Joe or contact info?

3. Joe Becker 813 633 2615 says:

I do build U FLY IT aircraft carriers for sale.. I should know I invented it.

4. Zach says:

I got one of these for Christmas around 1975. Mine was the single-engine Piper with the catapult launch. It was one of my all-time favorite toys. Thank you Joe for such a wonderful creation!

5. Ed says:

Umm no Joe you are not the inventor of U Fly It, it was Tobin (Ted) Wolf the same inventor of ThunderCats.

6. alan galinko says:

Me Becker:
    I am interested in one of your aircraft carriers if you still have one available?
    Do you have any of the Yoke controllers for sale? (not the single stick)

thanks Alan
    845-536-2968

7. Mike Mayo says:

I have available a U-Fly-It # 706 set for sale. It is the single engine Piper with catapault. It is in very good condition. I bought it some years ago and it appears to be in semi assembled state, so I doubt it was used much if at all. Contact me if you are interested.
    Mike
    mike@mikeandbo.com

8. Joe Becker says:

For thoes who doubt I am the U Fly it inventor just look at the name on the U S patient.

9. David says:

joe can you provide me with the us patient no. i looked on the gov web site and didn’t find it. thank you

10. Mathew says:

Joe DID invent it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyhqMD-w5ks&feature=youtu.be

I would love to get one for my kids (and me).

-Mat matklatt@hotmail.com

11. Joe Becker says:

I have built 17 u fly it aircraft carriers to date Joe Becker

12. Jamie says:

I have one for sale that I found in my attic – still in the box…. it the U.S.S Enterprise Aircraft Carrier Set.

If anyone is interested, e-mail me and make an offer. I’m in Maryland.

Thanks

Jamie myspoonistoobig22@hotmail.com

13. Anthony says:

hey my father has been speaking about this toy for years and i finally decided to try and find it. So i was wondering how much would it cost me for you to make one for my dad?

14. Joe Becker says:

Anthony If your still interested in U FLY IT Look Me up on utube u fly it

15. joe murray says:

what a great invention,really a lot of fun, Mr Joe Becker thanks again for a great toy,one of the all time best.

16. Conner says:

Hello Mr. Becker! (and fellow toy flyers)
    I’m not sure how often anyone checks this site but am looking for a U-Fly-It for my husband for Christmas. I am not sure of all the airplane makes/models offered, but I believe it would just be something such as the Piper model. (All I know is that it would not be the carrier). He had one as a child and spent hours upon hours playing. He is a pilot, by hobby, and credits his interest and love for flying becuase of your toy!
    I would very much like to surprise him with one this Christmas and wondering if anyone has one for sale. I have seen several on ebay, but none of them seem to be complete sets. I can handle a box that is not in perfect shape, but I would like to find a full set. Thank you all for your time! and Mr. Becker, Thank You for an invention that helped one little boy create a joy that he would enjoy for a lifetime!

Connr@hotmail.com

17. Paul Harris says:

Joe, Thank you so much for your most excellent invention… One of my fondest childhood memories is of a Cristmas gift I received, a U-Fly-It under the Christmas tree! I must have played with that Piper Cherokee for 3 days straight with my brother and sister! If there is any possibility that I could purchase an aircraft carrier, please contact me and let me know… your toys are a joy! Thank you again…

18. Dan garvey says:

Interested in a u fly it carrier

19. joe becker says:

If dan Garvey is interested he should e mail me joe becker

20. Rob Krauzig says:

Hi, im looking for the U-FLY-IT BARNSTORMER, can anyone help?

21. Wes Brackenbury says:

I am wanting a U Fly It. How do I get in touch with you Joe?

Wes
    Wesleybrack@gmail.com

22. crispin feliciano says:

i want one please let me know the waiting peroid, thanks

23. Steven Hoover says:

Hello Mr. Becker,
    Can you tell me what sets were made and sold? I know of the “Private pilot” set, the “Instructor Pilot” Set, the “Instrument Pilot” set, “Commercial Pilot” set, the “Barnstormer” set, and the aircraft carrier set. I current own the “Instrument Pilot” and “Instructor Pilot” sets. I got them off Ebay, and I’ve been doing some restoration to them to fix them up as they were when they were new.
    Thanks for such an awesome toy. I still love playing around with these things and my little 2 1/2 year old boy was just amazed at them. He even was able to land the thing without me helping him.
    Steven Hoover @ pshoover2000@hotmail.com

24. Kelley Smith says:

Mr Becker, I would be interested if you had any copies of the original pilot’s logbook? I have one of your sets, the U Fly It Barnstorming set, its mint but missing the logbook to make it complete, if you have on, id be happy to purchase it.

25. Ray Bollacker says:

Mr. Becker did invent U Fly It. I was great friends with his younger son and spent many times at their home.