1983 was the year of the video game crash and that year’s Sears Wishbook was chock full of the detritus of a bloated dying industry. You got the handhelds, Vectrex, Gemini, Colecovision, Intellivision, Odyssey 2, Atari 2600 and Atari 5200 in this issue. Along with some great games and accessories. My favorite is the Handsome Hassock storage system on Page 9. I would love one of those now.
Sign up for the Retroist Newsletter
Recent and Popular Posts
- Saturday Frights Podcast – Episode 021 (Twilight Zone: The Movie’s “It’s A Good Life”)
- James K. Polk Was A…Werewolf?!
- Check Out This Alternate Artwork For Atari’s Haunted House!
- Retroist Podcast – Episode 177 – The Last Man on Earth
- Lord Pumpkin Commands You to Watch These
- Treat a host of ghosts with Kool-Aid
- This Low Energy Staten Island Restaurant Commercial is Pure Magic
- Doctor Who Space Invaders T-shirt
- How to Dress Like Magnum PI
- Tragedy in Texas: The Sad Story of the Von Erich Family
- The Cartoon Illuminati By Adam Withers
- Check Out This Alternate Artwork For Atari's Haunted House!
- What You Need to Know About The ColecoVision Flashback
- James K. Polk Was A...Werewolf?!
- Why you should buy Sony Super Betamax intead of VHS
- Retroist Podcast - Episode 177 - The Last Man on Earth
- Max Power: “Stop staring at my chest”
- VicSage: I agree, Justin! :D
- The Retroist: Just pour it directly into the bag.
- TheSixMillionDollarJedi: Kool-Aid is a great thing to give out to trick-or-treaters.
- TexasDevin: For me it was summer 1985 and Journey Into Imagination was and always will be a magical memory for me. I...
- The Retroist: @ddsw I was obsessed with those touch screens when I visited and have a decently involved story about...
- Justin M. Salvato: Vic, this would have worked.
- Justin M. Salvato: Honestly, never knew it existed, so not sure if I would be apart of that statistic that only gave...
- Justin M. Salvato: Something about that commercial cracks me up, now, not then. Hmm, judging from the songs on those...
- Justin M. Salvato: With those gloves, must be difficult to type. Poor mouse.
Copyright © 2007-2014 - The Retroist