In the late 70s it seems that AAU shoes thought they were the cat’s meow. They embarked on a bad-ass disco campaign to sell their shoes (which look like they would be pretty in-style now.).
So here is what I get from this ad –
1. A hippie has shown up with his death ray shoes to dance some disco.
2. AAU Superstar ain’t down with it and he wants to “Stay Alive”
3. He kicks the dirty hippy to the moon and he and some hot american chicks disco hotly into the night with superstructured AAU Disco shoes.
Is he not the baddest superhero that ever hawked shoes in a comic book? Sho’ ‘Nuff. Its “Saturn Night Fever” all right!
Latest posts by Garry Vander Voort (see all)
- Snap Crackle Pop Tunes Rice Krispies 7 Inch Record - January 19, 2018
- Stay Alive the Board Game - January 18, 2018
- Tina Yothers sing “Baby I’m Back In Love Again” on Family Ties - January 17, 2018